Newest mix from our own Tyler Schmith for the 2012 Winter Music Conference
Direct Download (MP3)
- Al Green - Gospel According to Al Green - Acorn
- Hardsoul ft. Ron Carroll - Back Together (Soul Purpose Mix) - Soulfuric
- Smoove & Turrell - In Deep (Kraak & Smaak Remix) - Jalapeno
- Nathan G-Come & Get It (Original Mix)-Large
- Liquideep - Feel It (Andre Lodemann Remix) - Deeper Shades
- Mic Newman - The Fidelity - Freerange
- Sonny Fodera - Missed Call (Original Mix) - Large
- Faisal-Start Over-Monkey See Monkey Do
- Yakka - Something For My Soul (Original) - Nite Grooves
- Hedonist - Chicago Nights (Original Mix) - Mjuzieek Digital
- Nick Harris - Surfing With Kilgore (Original Mix) - Stoned Immaculate
- Anthony Rother - Sleep - Data Punk
- Franky Rizardo - Real Love - Defected
- Mowgli feat. Amber Jolene - Back In The Day (Original) - Defected
- Superfunk & Ron Carroll - Lucky Star (Solomun Remix) - Noir Music
- Jay West - Smile - Brown Eyed Boyz Records
- Margaret Grace - My Love is Not Blind (Extended Vocal) - Save Your Soul
In the world of independent House Music labels, staying power is rare, and few outfits have had the ability to consistently release standout tracks while staying true to their vision and sound. Even fewer have had the sheer volume of hit records and breakout artists as Chicago's Large Music. Operating now for over 15 years under the leadership of founder Jeff Craven, Large Music's roster has become a who's-who of House Music. They have been behind an unbelievable number of songs that are now considered "classics", while at the same time releasing a constant flow of top-quality music, helping to break a new generation of artists. It's this combination of veteran legends and fresh energy that makes the Get Large Miami party one that we look forward to every year.
Get Large first hit South Beach in 2002, and has been a major conference event ever since. Gourmetbeats first attended in 2004, when those in the know could email to get on the guest list and receive a special "Large" pin in the mail. It's this sense of sincere community, even with Large's success, that makes this event really special and has helped to build Large's devoted worldwide following.
The event itself will be held at SoBe Live, and includes an exciting lineup featuring Deron Delgado, Jonn Hawley, Sonny Fodera, Nathan G, Jask, and a special appearance by Doc Martin. With Large's tremendous influence, we wouldn't be surprised if you saw some surprise guests behind the decks as well. For us, the Get Large event has been a gauge of what the new sounds and influences in house music are going to be for the coming year, and we're excited to see what they bring to 2012!
The Winter Music Conference is only weeks away and once again Gourmetbeats is here to help you navigate the hundreds of events that will be touching down on Miami's South Beach for this 10 day electronic music extravaganza. With dance music's influence taking a strong hold in the pop charts in 2011, it's sure to be one of the most well-attended conferences to date, and we'll be posting our picks of the most promising venues, labels and events in the days leading up to it. You'll be able to see them all compiled under the WMC2012 tag so stay tuned. We'll also have people tweeting and reporting live from the the streets to help you find those amazing moments that you can never really plan for!
One of the venues that consistently embraces the Winter Music Conference and is making a concerted effort to push some interesting sounds this year also happens to be one of Miami’s most luxurious. The Shelborne Hotel with its classic Art Deco styling, ocean-front location and stunning pool embodies what we think of when WMC season starts to roll around. First opening in 1940, one can imagine the classic movie stars that have walked these halls, and it provides the perfect backdrop for the WMC. We’ve seen some legendary moments at the Shelbourne pool in years past, and they look to only be upping the ante in 2012.
This year the Shelborne has partnered with DJ Mag and PioneerDJ to bring a tremendous lineup to both their outside pool location and to Shine, their indoor nightclub. On the surface it seems to have the same huge names that we would expect at a top-tier venue - Sasha, Sander Kleinenberg, Armand Van Helden – all great artists of course, however dig a little deeper and we see that they have really put some thought into this lineup, including breakout and legendary underground artists such as Solomun, Derrick Carter, Tiefshwarz, Dennis Ferrer, Josh Wink, Timmy Regisford, and Cajmere just to name a few. Looking at this lineup and that pool, you could probably spend the whole conference right here and be perfectly content. We will most definetely be spending some time at the Shelborne during the conference, and we expect to come back with plenty of great stories from this classic Miami locale.
This year’s Winter Music Conference was announced amid a flurry of controversy over its split with the Ultra Music Festival. In years passed, the conference had benefited (or suffered depending on who you talk to) from the huge draw of Ultra Fest, which as of this year claims to be the largest music festival in the world. Gourmetbeats took the trip down to South Beach to see how the WMC stood on its own.
Today is the first day of the 2011 Winter Music Conference in Miami. Here's a new mix from Gourmetbeats founder Tyler Schmith, a perfect soundtrack to your southbound travels!
*Update - This mix has been archived. Check out Tyler's 2012 WMC Mix Here!
Recorded: March 4th, 2011
01. Gabriel (Live Garage Version) EDIT - Roy Davis Jr Feat. Peven Everet
02. Back To The Biz - Jonn Hawley
03. Ceremony (JT Donaldson House Remix) - Hati Munetsi
04. Heavenly Melodies (Original Mix) - Altered Natives
05. Anthem (Original) EDIT - Black Rose
06. The Rain (Instrumental) - Lovebirds
07. Little Bit More - Inland Knights & Da Sunlounge
08. Awright - Franksen & Tom Wax
09. Friend Of Mine (Original Mix) - Miles Maeda
10 Ezekiel 25;17 (Original) - Husky
11. I'll Let It (Aki Bergen Remix) - The Realm feat. Choklate
12. Destination (I Can Take You There...) (Vocal) - Mark Grant
13. Proof (Wolf + Lamb Remix) - Stuffa
14. Still Doing It (club Shit) - Phil Weeks
15. WOAH! - Dj Spen and The MuthaFunkaz
16. Most Of This Moment (Original) - Manuel Tur
17. Soul Good (Original Mix) - Sonny Fodera
18. Beat Goe Zon (Vocal Mix) - Movi-starr Ft Lenny Hamilton Jr
The owner of Miami's "SPACE" talks frankly about the controversy surrounding the 2011 dates of the Winter Music Conference vs. Ultra Fest: http://bit.ly/9FSm8M
"You can either come to Miami on the last week of March, support the greedy monopoly, keep taking it up the ass and lose your right to seeing your favorite DJ at your favorite club or you can come the second week of March, claim back your wallet and your nightlife."
Gourmetbeats will be in Miami on March 8th-12th.
Well the Winter Music Conference is upon us once again. Starting this Tuesday the 24th and continuing through the week, music lovers from around the globe will flock to South Beach in Miami to experience this annual much-anticipated event. There are literally hundreds of great events by talented musicians, dj's, and promoters being thrown throughout the week. Check out the official list HERE.
Two events that we will DEFINETLY be at are being thrown by our friends over at Large Music, and by our very own Adam Auburn respectively. Afternoon Delight was one of the most memorable parties of the entire conference last year, and is not to be missed. Large Music has been throwing one of the best parties in southbeach for several years now, and has partnered with Outloud in 2009 to continue the tradition.